We collect certain information by automated means when you visit www.huntonlaborblog.com (our “Site”), such as how many users visited our Site and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor the Site to our visitors. We collect this information through various means such as “cookies,” “web beacons” and IP addresses, as explained below.
- Web Beacons
Certain pages on our Site may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
- IP Addresses
An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Site, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Site.
We use the following cookies on our Site:
- The __cfduid cookie is used to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. For example, if the visitor is in a coffee shop where there are a bunch of infected machines, but the visitor’s machine is known trusted, then the cookie can override the security setting. It does not correspond to any userid in the web application, nor does the cookie store any personally identifiable information.
- Our infrastructure partner CloudFlare sets a strictly necessary cookie for security purposes.
- Our load-balancing server software sets a strictly necessary session cookie.
- Google Analytics – _utma,_utmz, _ga
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit this page.
- More information on the cookies used by Google’s Universal Analytics and Tag Manager visit this page.
- Cookies Banner – useCookies
- Indicator of whether user has consented to Cookies Policy via the Cookies Banner
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting “Tools/Internet Options” and reviewing your privacy settings or selecting “delete cookies.” You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our site features.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our information practices, please contact us by:
writing us at:
Hunton & Williams LLP
Riverfront Plaza, East Tower
951 East Byrd Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Attn.: General Counsel