The government has continued to issue a number of regulations and other guidance on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and related health care laws, including the following:
- The “employer mandate” that will take effect in 2015;
- IRS reporting requirements for health plans and large employers;
- The 90-day waiting period limits;
- Transitional reinsurance contributions required to be made by large employers;
- The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act; and
- Standard transactions under HIPAA.
We have developed a compliance reference tool to assist employers in developing a better understanding of what is required under PPACA and the required timeframe for any applicable changes. This tool contains a timeline/checklist, along with an appendix providing additional information on many of the requirements (which are linked to the timeline/checklist for easy access). See the most recent version, which has been updated through May 2014.